If you are in the process of selling your house, or if you are thinking of selling your home, there is one thing that your should be aware off – it takes a lot of time and effort. Selling a home on the open market is a process that can take up to a year, and in some case it can take even longer. This is incredibly frustrating if are looking to move house and you are viewing other properties, as you cannot move into your new house until you have sold your old one. We wanted to give our top tips for how to sell a house fast in today’s current climate.
Top Tips To Sell A House Fast
- Clean the garden and outside areas – This is usually the first thing people see when they arrive to view the house, so make sure that all weeds are cleared, mess is tidied up, and the grass is cut. You do not need a masterpiece garden, however, it should at least be tidy and clutter-free.
- Clean the carpets – Over the years carpets can become full of all kinds of muck and dirt, and it is not always easy to see just how dirty your carpets are until you have had them cleaned. You can either arrange to have them professionally cleaned, or you can hire a wet carpet vacuum and spend the day doing it yourself.
- Clean the walls – Again, this is an area within your home that does not always seem dirty, but once you have cleaned them it will become apparent that there was years worth of marks and dirt on your walls. We recommend gentle cleaning with a lemon solution and warm water.
- Make the place presentable – When people come round to view your home, you want to make sure that they can envision themselves living in your house. This is mad much harder when there is clutter and things everywhere, so try to make sure that the place is showroom clean.
- Check the exterior – Exterior parts of your home such as the roof and guttering is usually missed by most people, however if you require a survey to be done, a home surveyor will almost certainly pick up on these crucial areas. Look our for exterior problems starting to appear, such as damp areas on walls, broken guttering and roof tiles.
- Floorboards – Floorboards should be clean and they should be inspected for damage and decay. Since they are wood, they can be subject to damage from damp, mildew and the sun. If they are warped or loose, you may have to employ the services of a joiner or handyman to make sure that they are in suitable order
- Electrics – This is normally checked by most potential buyers, so make sure that the electrical system is in good working order. Check all the lights and sockets and if any don’t work, you may have to get an electrician in to repair them.
- Use an online buyer – This is the last option for people who want to sell a house fast. An online buyer will buy your home and usually pay around 80% of the market value for it, which is great if you are interested in selling quickly.